DO I NEED TO PRE-BOOK?
- Online booking is recommended to reserve seats on your preferred train – tickets are cheaper too. If you pre-book online as a group of 4 or more you’ll have your own compartment.
- If you prefer you can always buy tickets on day from the booking office.
CAN DOGS TRAVEL ON THE TRAIN?
- Yes, well-behaved dogs are welcome on all our trains and travel free of charge.
WHERE DOES THE TRAIN START?
- All trains start from our main station at Havenstreet
- It is also possible to join the train at Wootton, Smallbrook Junction and Ashey stations. Please note that there is no road or footpath access to Smallbrook Junction station.
HOW DO I BOOK A TICKET FROM SMALLBROOK JUNCTION?
Our booking system will first ask you to book your first train from Smallbrook to Havenstreet (via Wootton), then reserve seats for your return journey from Havenstreet to Smallbrook. We’d generally recommend a break of 2 hours to see everything at Havenstreet station.
HOW DO I BOOK A TICKET FROM WOOTTON?
Our booking system will first ask you to book your first train from Wootton to Havenstreet (via Smallbrook), then reserve seats for your return journey from Havenstreet to Wootton. We’d generally recommend a break of 2 hours to see everything at Havenstreet.
CAN I BREAK MY JOURNEY AT ONE OF THE INTERMEDIATE STATIONS?
Yes – your ticket includes one complete journey to both ends of the line, and you can break your journey at any station. We’d always recommend exploring Havenstreet station, either before, during or after your train journey. There’s lots to see around the station including our Train Story Discovery Centre and our free birds of prey displays. Allow 2 hours to see everything.
You can also break your journey at Wootton, Ashey or Smallbrook Junction stations. If you’re breaking your journey at these stations you can travel in one of our unreserved standard-class compartments for your return to Havenstreet.
HELP, I’VE BOOKED ONLINE BUT NOT RECEIVED MY TICKETS, OR BOOKING CONFIRMATION – WHAT DO I DO?
- We won’t send your tickets in advance. You’ll just need your 5-digit reference number – the staff at the booking office will use this to issue your ticket and seat reservations
- Occasionally our confirmation emails get blocked (particularly to Hotmail addresses) or end up in ‘junk’ folders. Don’t panic if you don’t have a confirmation – the team at our booking office will be able to find your booking.
WHAT ABOUT VISITORS WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS OR RESTRICTED MOBILITY?
- A standard-class wheelchair accessible carriage will be part of every train. Please book online, then either call us on 01983 882204 or email us at email@example.com so that we can reserve seats in this carriage.
- Unfortunately we don’t have any wheelchair accessible first-class compartments.
- See our website for further information about accessibility HERE.
How can I book a carers ticket?
- Book online for all the non-carers in your party. You can collect a free carers ticket from the booking office on the day of your visit.
Please see our Conditions of Booking