Get a driver’s eye view of a steam locomotive.
On arrival you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly team members where you’ll be briefed on your day. Experience a 10 mile round trip of the beautiful Isle of Wight countryside for a vantage point few have enjoyed.
Upgrade: To make the day extra special add a delicious cream tea for two in our refreshment rooms alongside first class day travel tickets.
For more information please contact our footplate experience team on 01983 882204 (general number) or send us a message HERE.
What you need to know for this experience:
- You must be in good health and reasonably fit (i.e. able to climb on and off the locomotives from the ground)
- Arrive at Havenstreet station commercial office 30 mins before your specified departure time
- Wear protective footwear. Steel toe caps are desirable but not essential for this experience.
- Wear clothing that fully covers your arms and legs
- DO NOT attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs
PLEASE NOTE: Locomotives cannot be specified for this experience and are subject to availability.