The Havenstreet Team Leader oversees the public presentation of the heritage area at Havenstreet station, ensuring that the site always looks its best for visitors. This role oversees the presentation of the station building, platform, gas house, booking office & station fencing.
We hope that the holder of this role would encourage other volunteers to get involved with looking after the station, particularly members of the local community who may not already be involved with the Railway. The team will be focused on day to day maintenance included but not limited to:
- Upkeep of paintwork on in and around the station building.
- Upkeep of station fencing, benches and woodwork.
- Ensuring pathways are kept clean and tidy, free form leaf and litter and generally ensuring that the high expectations of our customers our met.
- It is envisaged that the station leader will build a team that meets regularly, potentially one day a week and assigns jobs and responsibility to the group. With assistance from the estates team the Havenstreet team leader will ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner with the appropriate tools and equipment.
- There will be the opportunity for training in the role but we looking for someone with practical building maintenance experience who can lead by example.
Key skills & attributes:
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team of volunteers
- Can welcome and train new volunteers
- Planning projects and bringing them to completion
- An understanding of health & safety
- Appreciation of the need for good public presentation
- Sympathetic to heritage considerations
To apply, or find out more about the role, please contact our Estates Manager, Adam James, at firstname.lastname@example.org