Overview: The railway owns and manages extensive areas of woodland around Havenstreet station, some of which are a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
We are looking for someone who can create and lead a dedicated team of volunteers pushing forward conservation and forestry skills throughout these sites.
We hope that the holder of this role would encourage other volunteers to get involved with looking after the woodland, particularly members of the local community who may not already be involved with the Railway. The role could include:
- Cataloguing and assessing our current woodland.
- Recording the ecology of our woodland and taking practical steps to increase biodiversity.
- This role holder will also take the lead in tree planting and look at ways we can.
- Arranging training for skills such as creating natural fencing and coppicing woodland areas.
This role will focus on non- trackside areas around Havenstreet station concentrating mainly on our existing woodlands and natural habits.
Key skills & attributes:
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team of volunteers
- Can welcome and train new volunteers
- An understanding of ecology and woodland management
- Sympathetic to the Railway’s environment policy
- An understanding of health & safety
To apply, or find out more about the role, please contact Adam James, our Estates Manager, at email@example.com