Frequently Asked Questions
DO I NEED TO PRE-BOOK?
- We’d strongly recommend booking on-line in advance so that we can reserve a compartment on your chosen train. Many of our trains have been completely sold out in advance.
- Any unsold compartments will be on sale at our ticket office
- Pre-booking is essential if you intend to board the train at Smallbrook Junction or Wootton
IS MY TICKET FOR A RETURN JOURNEY?
- Yes, your ticket includes one complete round trip on the line
- Most visitors start their journey at our main station at Havenstreet, mid-way along the line. Your ticket includes all the facilities at Havenstreet, including our Train Story Discovery Centre, and falconry displays. Please allow plenty of time to explore Havenstreet, especially if you have booked an afternoon train.
- Visitors typically stay at least 3 hours, including a 1 hour trip on the train
HOW MANY PEOPLE DOES A FAMILY TICKET COVER?
- This covers 2 adults and 2 fare paying children (age 5 – 17 years). Infants 0 – 4 years travel for free.
WHAT DAYS ARE YOU OPEN?
- Please see our Opening Times HERE
WHEN TIMES ARE THE TRAINS?
- Please see our Timetable HERE
- We have adjusted our timetable to avoid crowding at Havenstreet station, and to allow more time to clean our carriages between journeys
DO I NEED TO WEAR A FACE COVERING?
- You don’t require a face covering on the train as you’ll be allocated your own compartment, used only by members of the same household.
- Please wear a face covering when you are inside our buildings.
WHAT ABOUT VISITORS WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS OR RESTRICTED MOBILITY?
- A wheelchair accessible carriage will be part of every train. Please call us on 01983 882204 if you need to travel in this carriage – we can ensure that the appropriate compartment is reserved for you.
- See our website for further information about accessibility HERE.
IS MY FOOTPLATE EXPERIENCE GOING AHEAD?
- Unfortunately we’re unable to offer footplate experiences due to the requirement for social distancing. We hope that we can reschedule your experience for a future date. Alternatively we’re happy to offer a full refund.