Frequently Asked Questions
DO I NEED TO PRE-BOOK?
- We’d strongly recommend booking on-line in advance so that we can reserve a compartment on your chosen train. Many of our trains have been completely sold out in advance.
- Any unsold compartments will be on sale at our ticket office
- Pre-booking is essential if you intend to board the train at Smallbrook Junction or Wootton
IS MY TICKET FOR A RETURN JOURNEY?
- Yes, your ticket includes one complete round trip on the line
- Most visitors start their journey at our main station at Havenstreet, mid-way along the line. Your ticket includes all the facilities at Havenstreet, including our Train Story Discovery Centre, and falconry displays (11:40 and 13:40 each day). Please allow plenty of time to explore Havenstreet, especially if you have booked an afternoon train.
- Visitors typically stay at least 3 hours, including a 1 hour trip on the train
HOW MANY PEOPLE DOES A FAMILY TICKET COVER?
- This covers 2 adults and 2 fare paying children (age 5 – 17 years). Infants 0 – 4 years travel for free.
WHAT DAYS ARE YOU OPEN?
- Please see our Opening Times HERE
WHEN TIMES ARE THE TRAINS?
- Please see our Timetable HERE
- We have adjusted our timetable to avoid crowding at Havenstreet station, and to allow more time to clean our carriages between journeys
DO I NEED TO WEAR A FACE COVERING?
- You don’t require a face covering on the train as you’ll be allocated your own compartment, used only by members of the same household.
- Please bring a face covering so that you can visit our shop a.nd Train Story Discovery Centre
WHAT ABOUT VISITORS WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS OR RESTRICTED MOBILITY?
- A wheelchair accessible carriage will be part of every train. Please call us on 01983 882204 if you need to travel in this carriage – we can ensure that the appropriate compartment is reserved for you.
- See our website for further information about accessibility HERE.
IS MY FOOTPLATE EXPERIENCE GOING AHEAD?
- Unfortunately we’re unable to offer footplate experiences due to the requirement for social distancing. We hope that we can reschedule your experience for a future date. Alternatively we’re happy to offer a full refund.